Madonna is one the all-time greatest performers selling out crowds wherever Madonna performs. In addition to Madonna's enormously successful career in the entertainment industry she also know as a great philanthropist. Expect to continue to hear the songs
When you think GQ you think distinguished, well-mannered, handsome. But the attendees of last night’s GQ Men of the Year Awards were thinking, “Get Lily Allen outta here!”
The “Smile” singer was making waves for the awards show, after enjoying more than her fair share of the complimentary bar. The drunk little girl from LDN was causing a ruckus, and it all culminated during Madonna’s speech.
Madonna and her husband Guy Ritchie are preparing for a house visit from a Malawian court appointed official. The director of Malawi's child welfare services, Penston Kilembe, said financial and administrative difficulties had prevented him from traveling to London for an earlier scheduled visit, but he should arrive no later than September 7th.
This is the second time that Madonna has prepared for the court appointed visit that is to determine if she can legally adopt David Banda. As previously reported, Madonna’s attempts to adopt the young boy ran into trouble when it became public knowledge that the boy’s father was still alive and living in Malawi.
Back in 1995, a fledgling record label called Maverick Records released a then-unknown artist’s (Alanis Morrissette) debut album “Jagged Little Pill.” It went multi-platinum, and the label’s owner, Madonna, had a big smile on her face.
Twelve years later, Madge is letting go of her 60% of the label. Warner Music Group has agreed to buy the remaining percentage (they already own 40%) in a deal that also alleviates some legal tension.
In an attempt to jump off the bandwagon that left the station last year, Morrissey took advantage of an event he was participating at for PETA on July 9th to verbally trash Madonna. His comments were targeted towards recent attempts by Madonna to adopt David Banda from Malawi.
Although Madonna has received a lot of criticism throughout her quest to adopt David, Morrissey’s comments appear to have hit a new low. His declaration that “I wouldn’t be surprised if she made that African boy she adopted into a coat and wore him for 15 minutes, then threw it away,” touched off a heated response from the Madonna camp.
Everyone has a role model, someone they admire and want to model their life after. And for Rihanna, she’s set the bar high, saying she wants to be like pop queen Madonna.
The Umbrella singer says that she hopes that she can have the longevity and cultural relevance that Madonna’s known for. She says that the impact Madonna has had on the pop music world has been invaluable.
Madonna and Guy Ritchie are getting a live-in guest for the next few days. Penston Kilembe, head of the child welfare services in Malawi, is visiting Madonna’s London abode to conduct a “home study” assessment in regards to the potential adoption of David Banda.
The purpose of the assessment is for Mr. Kilembe to gather information that will help the Malawi child services decide whether or not to allow Madonna to adopt David. The two primary concerns the welfare services has are if David is comfortable with his new family, and whether or not the excessive media coverage is negatively affecting David’s development.
As reported previously by the Gossip Girls, the series of Live Earth concerts across seven continents got started off with a bang yesterday (July 7). Just 24 hours later, the global party has come to an end - but the hope is that the event's message will live on for quite some time to come.
Live Earth was organized by former Vice President Al Gore with the goal of raising awareness about global warming. With over 100 musical acts joining in on the cause, the entertainers played to the crowds - with many offering up messages to the over 2 billion people expected to experience the shows through television, radio and the Internet.
Being blessed with great proportions of wealth, some celebrities are known to leave BIG tips for waiters and waitresses to thank them for their service. Apparently, that isn't the case for Gwyneth Paltrow, Madonna and a slew of other Hollywood A-listers.
Or so says Katherine Taylor's new book 'Rules for Saying Goodbye,' in which her heroine of the same name is a barmaid.